This year our University and Graduate youth had a retreat in Northamptonshire taking the topic of “Tough Questions Christians are asked about the Old Testament”. Highlights included bonfire-tasbeha, outdoor laser tag and canoeing.
His Grace Bishop Missael officiated the ordination of David Zeitoune as a full Deacon on Sunday 1st October 2017 at the Coptic Centre.
We congratulate His Grace and we pray that the Lord may bless and give fruit to the service of Deacon David.
Having trained hard since CONAFA 2016, and equipped with new kits, Birmingham entered CONAFA for the fourth time. Unfortunately one statistic that did not change was the number of injuries our team is capable of accumulating. Nonetheless, the team fought with resilience to the last minute to command respectable performances all round despite not making it out of the group stage. The team were awarded the Fair play trophy for their character and sportsmanship.
“ان اله السماء يعطينا النجاح ونحن عبيده نقوم ونبني”
“The God of Heaven Himself will prosper us; therefore, we His servants will arise and build”
The church has started the project of building “St Mary & Archangel Michael Cathedral”, Solihull, West Midlands, UK, at a cost of £2.5 million in October 2016. The bank agreed to lend us £1 million. This will leave the church short of £1.5 million, which we are hoping you will help us to raise through your kind donation.
Name of the Bank: Barclays
Account Name: Coptic Orthodox Church Birmingham
Account Number: 50289817
Sort Code: 20-77-62
You can claim your Tax Relief on any amount.
الانبا ميصائيل- اسقف برمنجهام وتخومها
We were very blessed to be able to take part in Reach Out service in Birmingham City Centre on 20th December and also be able to participate in Solihull Churches Nourish Christmas Dinner on 22nd December!
Our University and Graduate Youth travelled to North Wales for a retreat on “Honouring God in the Workplace”. The weekend was a lovely mixture of spiritual discussion, recreational activities and worship.
Construction work is due to begin on the new building, starting with the demolition and clearance of the old building within the coming weeks.
Please be aware of the following schedule changes:
- All current and regular services at St. Mary & Archangel Michael’s will cease, beginning in September 2016 onwards
- Starting Sunday 4th September 2016, there will be two Divine Liturgies on Sundays in the Coptic Centre, 7.45am-9.45am and 9.45am-12.15pm
- Friday Youth Meetings will be held at St. Mary & St. Antony’s Church in Hampton-in-Arden starting 9th September 2016
- Wednesday Liturgies at St. Mary & St. Antony’s Church in Hampton-in-Arden will continue as per usual
Please check the schedule regularly for the latest updates.
Following demolition and clearance, the construction will take place in seven consequent steps, these are:
- Groundwork, structural frame & precast concrete floors
- External walls with window installation and roof construction
- Mechanical and electrical services first fix
- Internal partitions, floor screeds, suspended ceilings and internal finishes
- Mechanical and electrical services second fix
- Painting and decoration
- External works
Axios! Worthy! George (right) and Cyril (left) ordained Chanters by H.G. Bishop Missael on Sunday 17th April 2016 at St. Mary & Archangel Michael’s in Solihull.
Holy Week Workshops for Primary and Secondary School Children took place at St. Mary & Archangel Michael’s. The day focused on understanding each of the days of the Holy Week.