Construction work is due to begin on the new building, starting with the demolition and clearance of the old building within the coming weeks.
Please be aware of the following schedule changes:
- All current and regular services at St. Mary & Archangel Michael’s will cease, beginning in September 2016 onwards
- Starting Sunday 4th September 2016, there will be two Divine Liturgies on Sundays in the Coptic Centre, 7.45am-9.45am and 9.45am-12.15pm
- Friday Youth Meetings will be held at St. Mary & St. Antony’s Church in Hampton-in-Arden starting 9th September 2016
- Wednesday Liturgies at St. Mary & St. Antony’s Church in Hampton-in-Arden will continue as per usual
Please check the schedule regularly for the latest updates.
Following demolition and clearance, the construction will take place in seven consequent steps, these are:
- Groundwork, structural frame & precast concrete floors
- External walls with window installation and roof construction
- Mechanical and electrical services first fix
- Internal partitions, floor screeds, suspended ceilings and internal finishes
- Mechanical and electrical services second fix
- Painting and decoration
- External works